NIH Staff Scientists/Staff Clinicians Organization
The NIH Staff Scientists/Staff Clinicians (SS/SC) Organization was conceived in 2004 to represent the more than one thousand staff scientists and clinicians at the NIH, irrespective of hiring mechanism (e.g. GS-level, Commissioned Corps, Title 42, Contractor). Every NIH Staff Scientist and Staff Clinician is therefore represented by this organization.
The aims of the NIH SS/SC Organization are to:
- represent all of the NIH Staff Scientists/Staff Clinicians to their Institutes and the NIH.
- promote networking and both intra- and inter-Institute collaborations.
- create a repository of resources and expertise provided by the SS/SC.
- organize seminars and workshops on cutting edge and emerging technologies.
- foster career development through seminars and workshops on management, mentoring, lab organization, databases, etc.
A Representative Committee is populated with at least one member from each IC that employs Staff Scientists and/or Staff Clinicians. These individuals serve as the point of contact for their Institute and the liaison between their Institute and the Representatives Committee. The NIH SS/SC Organization meets quarterly to achieve the above stated goals.
To join the NIH Staff Scientists/Staff Clinicians Organization mailing list, please visit the NIH Staff Scientists/Staff Clinicians Organization Listserv home page, then click the “Subscribe or Unsubscribe” link in the right sidebar.
The page was last updated on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 3:49pm