Guide to FDAAA Reporting Research Results
Those in the IRP responsible for specified clinical trials of FDA-regulated products are required to submit registration information to ClinicalTrials.gov, summary results information for clinical trials of approved products, and adverse events information, according to the provisions of the FDA Administrations Act (FDAAA) of 2007, section 402(j) of the Public Health Service Act (PHS Act) (42 U.S.C. 282(j)) and the Final Rule CFR 81 (September 16, 2016) .
While NIH Office of Protocol Services (OPS) assists with Registration, the Responsible Party named in the Registration, is expected to make sure that Research Results are posted to ClinicalTrials.gov within one year of the trial completion date. In addition, the Responsible Party named in the Registration is responsible for providing information periodically as needed for NIH IRP data-calls.
NIH Policies Related to the FDAAA NPRM
The NIH Policy on FDAAA requirements applied to extramurally funded Clinical Trials also applies to the Intramural Research Program (IRP).
- Clinical Trial Requirements for Grants & Contracts
- Notice of Revised NIH Definition of "Clinical Trial"
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): NIH Clinical Trial Definition
- NIH Definition of Clinical Trial Case Studies
- Assistance Available to Help with Results Reporting to ClinicalTrials.gov
The page was last updated on Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 5:05pm